At American Dental Excellence, we offer laser dentistry in order to give you more precise, comfortable, and quicker dental treatments when you come into our dental clinic in Westminster. If you have never heard about this innovative dental technology, read on to learn more.
What is Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry is the use of lasers to make certain dental treatments more effective, comfortable, and quicker. Laser dentistry is an effective method of performing a variety of dental procedures. It is often very helpful for patients who experience a lot of anxiety around dentist as it allows them to get in and out of the chair quicker without the same level of pain as traditional dentistry. More and more applications are being discovered every day for this technology, and it is expected that eventually, every dentist will adopt laser dentistry for a variety of applications.
What are the Benefits of Laser Dentistry?
- Soft tissue dental procedures do not require stitches with the use of lasers.
- Many laser procedures do not require anesthesia.
- The laser beam aids clotting, ensuring that blood loss in minimal and bleeding is less extensive.
- There is less risk of infection because the laser naturally sterilizes the area during the procedure.
- The risk of tissue damage is minimized.
- Recovery time is quicker as wounds will heal quicker.
What Is Laser Dentistry Used For?
There are several different issues that can be treated with laser dentistry, and the list is growing as more innovations occur around this technology.
- Tooth Decay: Your Westminster dentist can use lasers to remove tooth decay and properly prepare the enamel for a filling.
- Gum Disease: Your dentist can use lasers to reshape gums that have been damaged by gum disease and to remove bacteria from the mouth for root canals.
- Biopsy Removal. A laser can be used to remove a tissue sample (a biopsy) to examine it for cancer. Lasers can also remove mouth lesions and ease canker sore pain.
- Teeth Whitening: Lasers can also be used in cosmetic dentistry. Lasers enhance the whitening process, making teeth-whitening a quicker experience. A peroxide bleach solution is applied to the surface of the teeth, then activated with laser energy, speeding the process.
At American Dental Excellence, we are proud to be on the cutting edge of dental technology, allowing our patients to benefit from the latest innovations. Contact us today to learn more about laser dentistry and what we can do for you!